The Blog Squad

Monday, February 13, 2006

Jack Reid breathes a sigh of relief...

Today, Jack Reid must be thinking: "At least I only shot a door." ...

T-D columnist Michael Paul Williams said what a lot us of were thinking about Doug Wilder's pitch to corporate America to pony up for construction of the National Slavery Museum: It's either the most brilliantly nuanced fundraising tactic ever or the most blatant kind of shakedown ...

Former City Councilman Lewis "Do You Even Remember Me on Council?" Coates finally paid back more than $1,700 he owed the city after cashing two checks and swearing in an affidavit he never even got the first one. He gave an explanation for why he signed the affidavit, but I still can't decipher it. "Normally I don't keep a record of every check that I cash," he said. He added: "I wanted to clear my name." Apparently, he wants to clear his name as a crook by convincing us he's an idiot. ...

And lastly, local police departments might want to brace themselves for a sudden loss of officers, most especially the single ones. Something tells me a lot of them are going to be applying for jobs in Spotsylvania County.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home