The Blog Squad

Monday, August 15, 2005

Who Runs Richmond?

Janet,
As you and I are old hands at Style Weekly, that tally sheet of Richmond's famous and influential, I wondered what you thought of the Times-Dispatch's "Who Runs Richmond?" feature. The paper promoted the thing like crazy. And what was its conclusion? That "no individual or group is all-powerful"! Shocking! Are they saying that our city has no anointed king? And here I thought the T-D was afraid to take a stand!
Curiously, after that don't-blame-us-if-you-disagree caveat, the paper focused on the same ol' rich white guys everybody else does: Jim Ukrop, Booty Armstrong, Bill Goodwin and Eugene Trani. Also, where was the mayor? Don't tell me Jim, Booty, Bill and Gene don't jump when he calls. Well, maybe not Bill. But you know what I mean. Doug runs this town, and you can't tell me any different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home